AppID and Service use

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

AppID and Service use

L1 Bithead

We have found instances where applications were changed in house to use a different port than the default. So we are in discussion as to what is the best approach to create policy rules.

Below are the two policy rules involving AppID is what we believe to best address our situation:

1. appID with Service set to protocol port that the app is set to use
2. appID with Service set no protocol port 

We were wanting to just create one policy rule but realize we may have to settle for multiple. 

I have been unable to find documentation that discusses the best approach involving the above and just needed to discuss the pros and cons.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@terryc,

In these instances I would just create a security rulebase entry with the app-id and a service-object set for the protocol and port you have modified it to. This would be a standalone entry; don't try to combine standard app-id traffic and what you have to customize. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L0 Member

Reasons to use the serviceApp ID helps developers to easily add authentication to their web and mobile apps with few lines of code

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@terryc,

In these instances I would just create a security rulebase entry with the app-id and a service-object set for the protocol and port you have modified it to. This would be a standalone entry; don't try to combine standard app-id traffic and what you have to customize. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!