Automated configuration exports

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Automated configuration exports

Is there a way to perform a scheduled (weekly) configuration export. I can manually ssh to the device and run: scp export configuration to user@hostnamr:E:/Backup/pabackup from running-config.xml (the problem here is that it asks for a password and it is manual) - what I would like to be able to is have this run automatically every week.

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

To option is to use TFTP instead of SCP to export the configuration, as TFTP will not require the entering of the password.

>tftp export configuration to tftp

That gets me part of the way. I can now tftp the configuration.

How do I set this as a scheduled task and is there a way to change the filename from running-config.xml to something that includes hostaname and date/time?

Currently, the PAN device cannot perform this config export automately as you described.  You would need to use an external tool to schedule the export of the config & rename the config file.

One option is to save your config to a named config snapshot each time you commit.  Then you can simply upload all the saved config files via one tftp export command:

admin@PA-2050> tftp export configuration from *.xml to 192.168.16.100

You may also submit a feature request for the automated export.  Thanks.

• 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!