Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

brdagent restarted unexpectedly

L2 Linker

Dear Team!

Hi once again.

The system goes into maintenance mode. But before the system goes maintenance mode, I faced that all traffic is in "Incomplete status."
After that, the firewall goes into maintenance mode. 

After rebooting, all works correctly. But, the main question: What was that? The root cause of the problem.

I checked the resource monitored, and all was correct, with no stuck deamons\process.

By TSF I found a crash info file of brdagent, and this kind of critical alerts

Does somebody face this problem? For more information please pin me. Thank you!

1 (2023-06-16 07:16:13) Critical System brdagent         brdagent restarted unexpectedly however no known issue was identified. Please open a case if further assistance is required.  
1 (2023-06-16 07:32:12) Critical System dssd         dssd restarted unexpectedly however no known issue was identified. Please open a case if further assistance is required.

5 REPLIES 5

L3 Networker

Hi @RovshanRajabli 

Thank you for sharing the information.
We can understand the reason for the packets been classified as "Incomplete" from KB. Regarding the brdagent process, it is responsible for the panel ports
I would look at the masterd logs at the time of the issue to understand if brdagent is the culprit or the victim of the issue.
As you can see the creashinfo files from the TSF, there will be Core files generated on the device. Check them using command

> show system files
I would suggest to open a TAC case and provide the TSF, Core files and/or any other required details for investigation of the issue.

REegards,

Arnesh Handoo

Dear Arnesh,

After we faced "Incomplete", traffic stopped and Firewall goes into maintenance mode. The firewall is VM. I got 3 crash logs, for brdagent, for dssd and for all tasks.

Hi @RovshanRajabli 

traffic marked as "incomplete" is not a good reason for the firewall to enter maint mode. Please raise a TAC case to understand if your device is hitting a bug . BTW, what is the capacity of the VM (for example, vm-100, vm-300, etc) and what is the PAN-OS version installed?

Regards,

Arnesh

Dear.
Its VM-300. Pan-OS : 10.1.6-h3.

L3 Networker

We may need to look further into the logs to identify the issue and TAC can help you with that. We can also check the "Known Issues" provided by PaloAlto for any suspecting Bugs.
Also, you can check the following which can be of help - Palo Alto Networks VM-Series Firewall suddenly restarts unexpectedly due to disk I/O performance.

Regards,

Arnesh

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!