Cannot add PA-VM to Panorama management

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cannot add PA-VM to Panorama management

L4 Transporter

Hi there,

I am trying to add a new firewall to panorama management following this guide:

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/panorama/9-1/panorama-admin/manage-firewalls/transition-a-firewall...

At step 5.2; Export or push device config bundle, when I choose this option, I cannot see the firewall in the list.

I can only see another gateway that is currently managed by this panorama instance.

Under Panorama > Managed Devices > Summary > the new firewall is listed with device state as Connected

Panorama panos: 9.1.2-h1

Fw panos: 9.1.3

Please help!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@FarzanaMustafa 

Normally I have seen that Panorama should be at higher or at same PAN OS version of the firewall.

1>Is this Firewall currently  connected to Panorama?

2>Or Are you trying to import all the existing config  from firewall to Panorama ?

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@FarzanaMustafa 

Normally I have seen that Panorama should be at higher or at same PAN OS version of the firewall.

1>Is this Firewall currently  connected to Panorama?

2>Or Are you trying to import all the existing config  from firewall to Panorama ?

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Hi @FarzanaMustafa ,

1. Do you have assigned template and device group for the FW in question?

2. Have you "Commit to Panorama" before trying to export to device?

Thank you!

After upgrading the Panorama and FW to 9.1.4, issue got resolved.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!