Captive Portal - Terms of Service

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Captive Portal - Terms of Service

Not applicable

I would like to configure my PA-200 in such a way that when the user tries to browse a web site, he is presented with the captive portal. On this page I would like to display a "Terms of Service" banner telling him about acceptable use etc. I do NOT wish to authenticate individual users.

A simpe banner and an I Accept/Cancel button would suffice. Is there any way to implement this on Palo Alto?

Thanks a lot.

36 REPLIES 36

L4 Transporter

Hi @Remo

I require that my users need to provide user name and passwword and I need checkbox for terms and conditions.

You need to check that checbox to be able to logon using proper credentials.

Regards

Slawek

Hi @_slv_

Why don't you simply solve this with an additional checkbox on the caprove portal website? With a little javascript you could also make this checkbox mandatory so a login won't be possible unless the user agrees to your terms and conditions. 

Because paloalto gives you the ability to customize the loginpage there are theoretocally no limits for whatever you try to do (as long it is something webbased).

Edit: it doesn't even require javascript as there is an attribute "required" for html input objects.

L4 Transporter

Hi @Remo

>Why don't you simply solve this with an additional checkbox on the caprove portal website

This is what I'm looking for ... I'm not a "html" guy - so I need proper code that I will adopt for my requrements.

Regards

Slawek

Hi @_slv_

Because of the way PaloAlto adds the actual login form into the captive portal loginwebsite, you probably need a little javascript.

This is the html code for a checkbox:

<input type="checkbox" name="terms" value="I accept Terms and conditions" required />

I know it is possible but because of the mentionned way paloalto adds the loginform I need to test this shortly in order to provide some html/javascript lines for your terms and conditions captive portal login.

L4 Transporter

@Remo

I need your help I think ...

Here is my code of shared config of CP

</head>
<body onload="loadPage();">
<table id="formtable">
<tr><td>
	<div id="activearea">
		<div id="heading">User Identification Portal</div>
		<div id="desc">Some text here</div>
		<input type="checkbox" id="terms" name="terms" value="I accept Terms and conditions" required />
		<a href="https://www.contoso.com/terms.pdf">I accept Terms and conditions.</a>
		<div id="desc">The resource you are trying to access requires proper user identification prior to access. Please enter your credentials.</div>
		<div id="formdiv">
			<pan_form/>
		<div id="desc"></div>
		</div>

</div>
</td></tr>

I have two issues:

- if you provide wrong username/password it doesnt tell that credenatials are incorrect

- I can logon with proper credentials but without checking checkbox

How to correct it?

Help me please

Regards

Slawek

@_slv_

Could you please post the complete Captive Portal HTML which is shown to you in your browser?

L4 Transporter

@Remohere You are:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA" CONTENT="NO-CACHE">
<title>User Identification Portal</title>
<style>
	html {
		margin: -20px;
	}
	html, body{
		width: 100%;
		height: 100%;
	}
	body {
		color: #111;
		font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
		background-color:#d2d6dA;
		vertical-align: middle;
	}
	#activearea {
		border-width: 2px;
		border-color: #c2c6cA;
		border-style: solid;
		border-radius: 15px;
		background-color: #F4F8Fc;
		padding: 20px;
		width: 400px;
		margin-left: auto;
		margin-right: auto;
	}
	#heading {
		font-size: 20px;
		font-weight: bold;
		margin: 5px;
		text-align: center;
	}
	#desc {
		font-size: 12px;
		margin: 15px;
		text-align: left;
	}
	form td, form input {
		font-weight: bold;
	}
	form input {
		width: 150px;
	}
	.buttonFixed {
		width: 60px;
	}
	#formtable {
		height: 100%;
		width: 100%;
	}
	#formdiv {
		width: 250px;
	}
	.msg {
		background-color: #ffff99;
		border-width: 2px;
		border-color: #ff0000;
		border-style: solid;
		border-radius: 5px;
		margin-top: 10px;
		padding: 10px;
		max-height: 150px;
		height: expression( this.scrollHeight > 150 ? "150px" : "auto" ); /* sets max-height for IE */
		overflow: auto;
		width: 375px;
		margin-left: -75px;
	}
</style>
</head>
<body onload="loadPage();">
<table id="formtable">
<tr><td>
	<div id="activearea">
		<div id="heading">User Identification Portal</div>
		<input type="checkbox" id="terms" name="terms" value="I accept Terms and conditions" required />
		<a href="https://www.contoso.com/terms.pdf">I accept Terms and conditions.</a>
		<div id="desc">The resource you are trying to access requires proper user identification prior to access. Please enter your credentials.</div>
		<div id="formdiv">
			<pan_form/>
		<div id="desc"></div>
		</div>

</div>
</td></tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

@_slv_

Sorry for the confusion. I meant the one when you connect with your (or another) computer and the palo then shows the captive portal to you.

L4 Transporter

@Remooops I see

2018-06-20_091544.jpg

@_slv_

😛

and the html source? 😉

L4 Transporter

Could I send it to You on priv?

I can't send you private message - could You sendto me?

captive.portal.source@gmail.com

L4 Transporter

OK - email sended

I've seen it already some hours ago ... I am now trying to solve it.

PS: This is only "best effort". I am not a full time palo community support employee 😛

L4 Transporter

@Remo

I know that. I'd like to put message right after I send email but I stucked on few long phone calls.

I do not want to hurry you.

Regards

Slawek

• 36 replies
  • 2 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!