custom-report column issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

custom-report column issue

L4 Transporter

Hi All

There is a problem of  custom report in the PA-500 with PANOS 3.1.10.

I choose the "Soruce Address" and "Destination Address" into  part of column of my schedule custom-report, however when I got report, The report cloumn is auto generate new two fields "Soruce Host Name" and "Destination Host Name".

The new two fields are impact report dispaly, because some fields will be covered if the fields are too more, and Is there a known way to correct this?

Thanks.

Joy

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

I believe the hostname fields are added automatically via DNS lookup.  It is meant to help pinpoint the hosts registered at the time of the traffic was processed.  I don't think it can be disabled.

Thanks.

L4 Transporter

It's been that way since PAN-OS 2.1.

The bad part is that if you have the report emailed to you, it never does the DNS lookup. You just get two columns of host IP addresses.

Thanks for your reply.

Joy

Thanks for your reply

Joy

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!