GlobalProtect 5.0.2 Issues?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect 5.0.2 Issues?

L3 Networker

Anyone experiencing any issues with GP 5.0.2?  

I started an upgrade this week. So far so good, but a few users experienced an odd issue during the upgrade.  You'd click download, then when you click install, their screen went completely black.  The upgrade completes successfully if you want it out but have to restart the explorer.exe process to get your desktop icons back

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

@kiwi 

What I can tell from my experience and from quite a few hours of testing with 5.0.0 and 5.0.1: Don't use these versions! Upgrade to 5.0.2 as fast as possible! (a little bit more I wrote here: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/General-Topics/Global-Protect-5-0-2-working-deployments-configu...

@MikeC In our environment 5.0.2 also works great - maybe the best version ever. These problems seem to be happening only on these 2 computers and as long as you cannot reproduce the issue or have detailed logs which show the reason is GP I would not open a case, because there will probably no result. On the topic of the upper link I try to consolidate the informations about 5.0.2.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Community Team Member

Hi @MikeC ,

Did you see the same behaviour in 5.0.1 ?

I'd recommend reaching out to support to have this behaviour investigated.

GP 5.0.2 is relatively new and not considered a preferred release yet.  

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Product-Updates-and-New-Feature/Palo-Alto-Networks-Support-Soft...

Cheers,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@MikeC,

Haven't had anyone report that issue in the environments I have running 5.0.2, but I also don't have a huge amount of Windows users in those environments. Is there anything shared across these devices, like machine make/model and OS build? 

@kiwi I know but I went with 5.0.2 because of others informed me that a lot of bugs from 5.0.1 would be resolved in 5.0.2

@BPry So far it was only 2 users, one was windows 10 and the others windows 7.  Both dell but different models.  I have had many people successfully upgrade already.

5.0.2 has been working great for me so far

@kiwi 

What I can tell from my experience and from quite a few hours of testing with 5.0.0 and 5.0.1: Don't use these versions! Upgrade to 5.0.2 as fast as possible! (a little bit more I wrote here: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/General-Topics/Global-Protect-5-0-2-working-deployments-configu...

@MikeC In our environment 5.0.2 also works great - maybe the best version ever. These problems seem to be happening only on these 2 computers and as long as you cannot reproduce the issue or have detailed logs which show the reason is GP I would not open a case, because there will probably no result. On the topic of the upper link I try to consolidate the informations about 5.0.2.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!