Help setting up a custom report using AD group membership as criteria

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Help setting up a custom report using AD group membership as criteria

L3 Networker

Hello,

I am trying to setup a custom report on Palo.  I've tried looking through the canned reports and have tried using the custom report, but I'm not getting the results I want.

I want to know how to create a report that can tell me if any member of our student group went to a specific website.  In my example, I am trying to find out if any student went to "www.fubar.com".  We have our Palo setup to sync with AD using the User-ID-agents on our Windows domain controllers.  It works fine.  As an example, let say all teachers are a member of "staff" and all students are a member of "students" group in AD.  I want to run a report which says "show me any user in the "students" group that went to "www.fubar.com" yesterday.

I know you can run this if you know the exact username.  I know you can run it against all users.  We send reports out to staff, and we don't want other staff usernames to show up in the list.

I hope I made this clear enough to understand.

In prior filtering products, we have been able to specify AD-Group as a search criteria and that had been really useful.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Hello Dannon

Below link will help you with what you are looking for

How to Create Custom URL Filtering Report For User/Group

Hope that helped.

Regards

Khan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

Hello Dannon

Below link will help you with what you are looking for

How to Create Custom URL Filtering Report For User/Group

Hope that helped.

Regards

Khan

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!