high management plane with using acc

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

high management plane with using acc

L4 Transporter

I was running a 7 day query on the application ssh and noticed that the management plane level hit 99% is that normal that seems bad to me

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Hi James,

What's the baseline usage for the MP CPU?

Also, which hardware model are you running?

Regards,
Anurag

================================================================
ACE 7.0, 8.0, PCNSE 7

its a PA 5050 and the MP usually runs no more that 20%

It depends on how large of a report it was, if you were running a detailed log query, and how large your database is. If you keep your logs for a long time, have a lot of ssh traffic, utilize detailed traffic logs, have a lot of hits it can cause a higher than normal MP utilization. 

I would say that 99% is likely slightly higher than I would expect with a rather simple query, but when I run my reports (pretty detailed and filtered) it can be maxed until the report is fully generated, esspecially if we have multiple admins working on the unit at the same time. 

So bpry since its the MP I know it won't affect data traffic, what will it affect?

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!