How to find out VM CPUID & UUID on the support portal

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to find out VM CPUID & UUID on the support portal

L4 Transporter

Hello,

I have a question of Paloalto networks vm fw, is there any ways to find out VM CPUID & UUID when orinigal register virtual machine on support portal.

I have tried many ways on support portal -> asset, but still not successful.

螢幕快照 2014-06-10 下午1.40.57.png

Joy

8 REPLIES 8

L7 Applicator

Hello Joy,

As per my knowledge, you would not get the CPUID or UUID from the support portal. Here is the DOC for initial registration How to Authorize/Register a VM

If you want to move an existing VM serial number to an another partition or a new server, you need to get assistance from support. They will bind your VM serial number and the new CPUID / UUID.

Thanks

Hello HULK,

Thanks for your answer,but if this is the only way for Paloalto networks official suggestion, that would be a problem for us, because our VM license is NFR, it is used for poc testing, so we have to change CPUID & UUID for different customer frequently.

Joy

This is not the official suggestion, better you could open a ticket with customer service team. They will give you the best answer for you.

Hello HULK,

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Joy

Hello Joy,

The CPUID/UUID would be the ID, where the VM has been installed ( Server). It should be available with you, in order to register the VM.

Thanks

Hello Hulk,

I know what you say, but our original PA-VM has been remove from ESX, so I can't  find it out any more.Smiley Sad

Regards,

Joy

Hello Joy,

I understand the situation. Smiley Happy If you have the serial number with you, you may contact with "customer support" and they will help you.

Thanks

Hello Hulk,

I have been contact support for further assistance, thanks.

Regards,

Joy

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!