Microsoft Windows 8 Store and PANOS 4.1.7.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Microsoft Windows 8 Store and PANOS 4.1.7.

Not applicable

We recently upgraded our HA Active-Passive pair of PA-4060's from v3.1.9 to v4.1.7. In addition to resolving some minor issues with changes in the codebase, we have noticed now that our minority of users with Windows 8 workstations (Beta, Release Preview, and TechNet/MSDN RTM installs) are unable to download apps from the Windows 8 Store. I have reviewed the firewall logs and do not explicitly see any obvious denials in traffic from the affected workstations. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues, and might anyone have any suggestions regarding if I may be overlooking something? Thanks in advance.

Kevin

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Well, after performing further searches, I can remove the PA's from being at fault. Apparently, in Windows 8 there is a group policy option called "Network Isolation under the Computer Configuration - Administrative Templates - Network section. It appears that if there is an advertised proxy server upon your network, and regardless of the Windows 8 IE 10 proxy settings set to be disabled, the Windows 8 Store by way of the Network Isolation will still attempt to route the Store traffic through the proxy. The reason for the denial is the configuration of the proxy does not allow unauthenticated traffic to pass. So, I'll be diverting my attention to our TMG proxy server for the time being. Thanks for the prompt reply mikand. Have a great weekend! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

Do you have ssl-termination turned on?

Perhaps you need to "whitelist" the win8 appstore stuff the same way as with windowsupdate?

Well, after performing further searches, I can remove the PA's from being at fault. Apparently, in Windows 8 there is a group policy option called "Network Isolation under the Computer Configuration - Administrative Templates - Network section. It appears that if there is an advertised proxy server upon your network, and regardless of the Windows 8 IE 10 proxy settings set to be disabled, the Windows 8 Store by way of the Network Isolation will still attempt to route the Store traffic through the proxy. The reason for the denial is the configuration of the proxy does not allow unauthenticated traffic to pass. So, I'll be diverting my attention to our TMG proxy server for the time being. Thanks for the prompt reply mikand. Have a great weekend! Smiley Happy

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!