opaque: "Disk usage exceeds limit, 98 percent in use, cleaning filesystem"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

opaque: "Disk usage exceeds limit, 98 percent in use, cleaning filesystem"

L3 Networker

Hi Guys,

What should i do? who can help me?

Thanks in advance

34 REPLIES 34

L7 Applicator

L7 Applicator

What PAN OS version  is running on your appliance...?

L7 Applicator

Please share the CLI output from your PAN firewall:

admin@DADA> show system disk-space

Thanks

L6 Presenter

Hi Tigran,

From log it seems firewall is doing its job and purging old logs.

Please provide us output for "show system disk-space". If any of the partition is still 100% utilized than its an issue.

In that case call TAC someone will help to clear space.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

L3 Networker

Guys,

Thanks for quick response.

PleaseScreen Shot 2014-10-28 at 6.30.27 PM.png

L3 Networker

Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/sda3             1.9G  1.8G   44M  98% /

/dev/sda5             6.6G  3.7G  2.6G  60% /opt/pancfg

/dev/sda6             1.9G  887M  946M  49% /opt/panrepo

tmpfs                 1.3G   67M  1.2G   6% /dev/shm

/dev/sda8             2.4G  1.9G  392M  83% /opt/panlogs

Here are the details, the root directory is full 98%, i was trying to use ls command like in linux/unix, but without any luck.How can i see what do i have in that dircetory?

Thanks

Hello Tigran,,

It seems the file system /dev/sda3 is almost full and only 44MB space is remaining on the HDD. You may contact with PAN support to delete few unwanted files from root#.

I have seen a similar problem in the past, where PAN FW is logging failed SSH login attempts (/var/log/btmp ). This file is not rotated and can grow and consume all the space on HDD. This issue is most likely to occur on devices like PA-200.

Bug 66208 - SSH bruteforce attack on firewall interface caused the /var/log/btmp to get huge causing system disk space full

Fixed: PAN OS 6.1.0/6.0.7

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hi Tigran,

I think its PA-200 box. It has a known  issue where root patition is almost full "/dev/sda3             1.9G  1.8G   44M  98% /".

I would suggest you to contact TAC. They will removt btmp file and it should be fine after that. Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

we had the same issue on many pa200 fw

any solution without opening a case ?

Hi PANOS,.

End user can not do anything as it requires root access to delete files.

Its a bug/66208, its fixed in 6.0.7. So upgrade is the only solution.

6.0.7 will be released soon

Regards,

Hardik Shah

@ Hardik FYI- This Bug is also fixed in 6.1.0, which has been released yesterday. So, if any of the PAN customer is having this issue, they may upgrade it to 6.1.0.

Thanks

L4 Transporter

Hello

I have also problem with PA200, recently twice time I had to reboot this device because it stopped passing traffic. During reboot proces (that took about 15minuts!!!) I got email with subject "SYSTEM ALERT : critical : "Disk usage exceeds limit, 99 percent in use, cleaning filesystem""

Also I realized that during commit I got info that I havent antivirus update ?!???!

admin@PA-200> show system disk-space

Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/sda3             1.9G  1.6G  294M  84% /

/dev/sda5             6.6G  3.7G  2.7G  58% /opt/pancfg

/dev/sda6             1.9G  885M  948M  49% /opt/panrepo

tmpfs                 1.3G   67M  1.2G   6% /dev/shm

/dev/sda8             2.4G  2.0G  339M  86% /opt/panlogs

I think that my problem is free space on /dev/sda8   not on root partition.

Tommorow morning I will have remote session with TAC, we will see how much space he get.

@ Hardik  - are You sure that 6.0.7 will be releases soon? 6.0.6 was released tw days ago so I think that we must wait another 2 months for it.

Has anyone similiar to my problems with PA200?

Regards

SLawek

Thanks HULK for information.

upgrading to 6.1 will be good.

L3 Networker

Guys,

We connected with their support.They are looking at the problem, I'm waiting for their solution.

Best

Tigran

• 34 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!