PA-410 - Tabs not displaying in Monitor Tab

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

PA-410 - Tabs not displaying in Monitor Tab

L3 Networker

Dear Team,

Most of the tabs are missing in Monitor Tab in PA 410.

PAN-175545 - (PAN-OS 10.1.2 and later versions) The PA-410 does not write session logs locally. As a result, the PAN-OS Web Interface does not display any logs in the Monitor tab.

If there is any software BUG or expected behaviour?

error_tab.JPG

Regards

Karthikeyan Balamurugan

10 REPLIES 10

L1 Bithead

Expected. PA-410 needs Panorama och Datalake for logs.

L1 Bithead

That is exactly why we choose to go with the PA-440's,   No local logging on a 410.

L1 Bithead

So what was the thought around this?  I have a PA-410 in my home lab, but due to the logging situation, I'm not likely to spec it out for my clients.

The 410 is a great box if you are planning on logging to Panorama anyways. Keeps the hw cost down. Perfect for SD-WAN.

L5 Sessionator

Yes, for "thin" branches. If you're already forwarding logs to PRA then this is cost effective way to get consistent security without paying for stuff you wouldn't use (how many people investigate on local FW if logs are in SIEM/PRA/CDL/syslog anyway?). 

Help the community! Add tags and mark solutions please.

We have a lot of SMB clients that are currently on PA-220's that could upgrade to a PA-410 and take advantage of the better performance.  Most only use local logging due to various reasons (mostly cost-related).  The PA-410 would be the ideal box, but the logging issue will push to a PA-440.  Also, a cost-effective solution, just unfortunate that the PA-410 doesn't support logging.  According to my SE, it has enough SSD to support it.

L3 Networker

From: https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/10-1/pan-os-release-notes/limitations/limitations-in-pan-os...

"The PA-410 does not write session logs locally. As a result, the PAN-OS Web Interface does not display any logs in the 

Monitor tab."

Just out of curiosity, what would be the output of the following command against a PA-410?

• show log traffic direction equal backward
or
  • show log traffic

I assume it will fail or return nothing?
Cyberforce Commander.
Don't forget to hit that Like button if a post is helpful to you!

We have a PA-410.

Command not found:

admin@palo-fw> show log traffic

Invalid syntax.

admin@palo-fw> show log
> log                        Show logs related information
> log-collector         Show log-collector information
> logging-status      Show logging status and info
> logrcvr                 Show information in log receiver daemon

admin@palo-fw> show log traffic

Invalid syntax.
admin@palo-fw>

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Honestly the little extra for the pa-440 is worth it even for a smb. Just my thoughts.

Regards,

Thanks a lot for checking! 🙂

Cyberforce Commander.
Don't forget to hit that Like button if a post is helpful to you!
  • 10 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!