PA200 Dynamic DHCP Client Issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA200 Dynamic DHCP Client Issue

Not applicable

I am running a PA200 at home with Verizon FiOS.  Currently the software is at version 4.1.6.  I currently have everything running correctly, but the DHCP lease for the WAN expires every 2 hours.  I watched the interface this evening to see what is happening, and about 1 hour in the state changed from "bound" to "renewing", but it never renews unless I manually click new.

DHCP.jpg

This causes me to lose internet access every two hours.  If I log into the box, and click renew on the WAN interface, I am back up and running.  Does anyone know why this is occuring??  Is this a bug within the software??  If this is not a bug, has anyone ran into this issue and found a workaround?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Hello ccaruso, We recommend upgrading to PAN-OS 4.1.10 to address this issue.  You may have been affected by the following addressed issues:

• 46477 – The DHCP client on the firewall was sending an invalid option (option 54) in its renewal requests, causing the DHCP server to ignore the requests. This issue has been resolved.

• 40137 – The firewall was not able to renew its DCHP settings with certain ISP network connections. In this case, a Verizon FiOS connection was in place and during a DHCP refresh that occurred every hour, the request timed out. Issue was due to an interoperability problem between the firewall’s DHCP client and the DHCP services on the ISP network, which has been resolved in this release.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

I guess I didn't look hard enough before asking this question, I found this post https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/message/15473#15473, so I will upgrade the software and see if that helps to fix the issue.

L5 Sessionator

Hello ccaruso, We recommend upgrading to PAN-OS 4.1.10 to address this issue.  You may have been affected by the following addressed issues:

• 46477 – The DHCP client on the firewall was sending an invalid option (option 54) in its renewal requests, causing the DHCP server to ignore the requests. This issue has been resolved.

• 40137 – The firewall was not able to renew its DCHP settings with certain ISP network connections. In this case, a Verizon FiOS connection was in place and during a DHCP refresh that occurred every hour, the request timed out. Issue was due to an interoperability problem between the firewall’s DHCP client and the DHCP services on the ISP network, which has been resolved in this release.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!