palo alto hip data collection best practices

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

palo alto hip data collection best practices

L4 Transporter

Are there any recommended settings for excluding categories, such as disk-backup or firewall? And if there is one there, but no vendor is listed what will it default to? For example, if under Portal > Hip Data Collection > Exclude Categories patch-management is listed under Category, but there is nothing listed under Vendor, what does that mean it will do?

I can wrap my head around what it means if there is something listed there like Vendor > Kaspersky Lab > Product > Kaspersky Small Office Security, but what if nothing is there other than patch-management listed under Exclude Categories?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@RobertShawver,

I'm not aware of any best practice document for HIP collection, primarily because every environment is going to be different in what the organization wants to check or not. If you're exclude entire categories you simply won't collect any information for that entire category, so in your example you wouldn't collect any information about patch management. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@RobertShawver,

I'm not aware of any best practice document for HIP collection, primarily because every environment is going to be different in what the organization wants to check or not. If you're exclude entire categories you simply won't collect any information for that entire category, so in your example you wouldn't collect any information about patch management. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!