Panorama Log Collector Device Replacement

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama Log Collector Device Replacement

L1 Bithead

Hi There,

One of the cluster's PA firewalls was faulty and replaced with the RMA unit. In the environment, we have a Panorama setup as a log collector. As the policy packages are not managed in Panorama, is modifying the faulty device serial number sufficient?

I hope I need only to perform the below steps.

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000CljGCAS

Thanks in Advance

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @prashanth_r

thanks for posting.

Since you do not manage configuration from Panorama the entire process is limited to KB you mentioned with SN replacement and do not forget to commit and push configuration to log collector. Without pushing it to log collector group you will not be able to see logs from Firewall.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L1 Bithead

Thank you for the reply.
Indeed I found something on the Panorama side where the mode was not collector but rather is Panorama.
But I don't see the firewall policies in Panorama. Is there any way I can confirm the firewall policies are not managed by Panorama at all?

Thank You

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @prashanth_r

thank you for reply.

If you navigate in Panorama to the top right, you will see "Global Find": 

PavelK_0-1707086580578.png

After you paste there Firewall's Serial Number and press enter you will get a list of configurations where Panorama configuration is used for that Firewall:

PavelK_1-1707086821304.png

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!