Panorama Virtual disk addition for logging - legacy mode.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panorama Virtual disk addition for logging - legacy mode.

Hi Team,

We have panorama in legacy mode. We deployed it using 8.1 ova file by default it too 80GB storage and allocated 11GB for logging.

Now we want to add additional virtual disk in esxi server. When we add additional disk it by following below KB.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/panorama/8-0/panorama-admin/set-up-panorama/set-up-the-panorama-vi...

It shows like disk is unavailable when we try to add it shows I need to be in panorama mode. Can you someone let me know how to fix this issue.

Panorama> show system disk details

Name   : sdb

State  : Present

Size   : 204800 MB

Reason : Admin disabled

Panorama> request system disk add sdb

Executing this command will delete all data on the drive being added. Do you want to continue? (y or n)

You are currently in legacy mode. You must be in logger of panorama mode to add a disk

7 REPLIES 7

I wish I had an answer for you. I see the language in the link that says you should be able to add the 2TB drive without any issues, "If the appliance is in Legacy mode, you can add one virtual logging disk of up to 8TB on ESXi 5.5 and later versions or one disk of up to 2TB on earlier ESXi versions". I just know that the issues that I ran into that PAN support told me that I had to upgrade the mode from legacy to panorama to be able to see the new drive. Good luck.

Bruce.

Learn at least one new thing every day.

Hi Everyone,

In this issue, I have used command "debug panorama-vld-mgr reset-logging-disk" and then rebooted panorama.

Post this I can able to add virtual disk in panorama and it was reflecting in log disk storage. 

just writing this here, So it may help other who face this issue in future.

Regards

Venky

Hi,

This command : debug panorama-vld-mgr reset-logging-disk doesn't exist in 9.1.6.

Does any one know the equivalent for 9.1.6 ?

My situation:

Panorama is in legacy mode and can't be changed to panorama mode due to logging disk not recognized.

Logging disk is present but not recognize due to the Legacy mode.

show system disk details

Name : sdb
State : Present
Size : 2097152 MB
Reason : Admin disabled

I am blocked 😉

Any idea ?

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!