Panorama VM OS Disk size modified

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama VM OS Disk size modified

L3 Networker

Today whilst we were investigating the process of upgrading the disk size for our Panorama Legacy Mode VM we have accidentally re-configured the disk size from 81gb (as per the template import original size) to 150gb. This was of course different to the process as outlined by Palo Alto documentation. Within VMWARE VCSA we are unable to change the disk size back down to 81gb as we are advised that a disk size cannot be reduced below it's current size.

I would like to know that if we restart the Panorama OS or it is shut down will it cause any issues with Panorama OS working properly? My thoughts are there should be no issues as essentially Panorama OS will not know about the increase of disk space as it can't extend a partition table. I am just not sure how much it checks the disk during the boot stages and if it detects a change to the disk if that will cause a boot issue...

Can you please advise if this is a problem, as we are thinking of upgrading Panorama which is currently in Legacy mode to Panorama mode which of course requires a shutdown to begin the change.
1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

You can shutdown/reboot the Panorama.  Should not be an issue.

I am just curious if possible, to download a brand new 9.0.0 version of Panorama and create a new Panorama install.

Not sure how far you have gotten with your logs, significance of logs (which I understand... probably important... )

Just at the end of day (so to speak) what is the most efficient way to get your Panorama back up and operational.

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!