Problem with exporting APP-ID list with all filter options

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Problem with exporting APP-ID list with all filter options

L0 Member

So. I have found a way to export app-id data from my Palo alto fw (From: Object > Applications) into a CSV format.

I see on top the following filters: category; subcategory; risk; tags; characteristic

However I am missing the Characteristic filter in my spreadsheet. Is there a way to get a column or some alternative which will allow me to filter by "characteristic"?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@S7anislav,

There's currently no way to get this information out of the firewall in an exported format.

L2 Linker

Yes, you can do this but only via CLI or API, there is no UI option.

In the CLI the command would be 
show predefined application <application name>

However the best way to do this would be to put together a quick Python script and pull this via the REST API. I actually needed to do the same and may find some time over the next few days to have this data exported into a pretty XLS... 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!