Radius Accounting

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Radius Accounting

L0 Member

Is there a way to configure the boxes to act as a NAS by sending a Radius Server (like Freeradius) accounting information? I am particularly interested on the session start and session stop attributes. I am about to provide Globalprotect VPN access to a community of users and need to account the resource use in the same Radius server where the authentication is done. Thank you for your help.

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

The on logs I remember about it are the following in the system logs, not sure it those are the ones you're looking for.

globalprotect informational globalprotectgateway-auth-succ GlobalProtect gateway user authentication succeeded. Login from: 1.1.1.1, User name: username.
globalprotect informational globalprotectgateway-config-release

GlobalProtect gateway client configuration released. User name: username, Private IP: 1.1.1.1.

globalprotect informational globalprotectgateway-logout-succ GlobalProtect gateway user logout succeeded. User name: username, Reason: reason.

Currently the only way to send the system logs is forwarding to a syslog server, so the syslog server needs to parse them and resend them to your radius probably using a custom script.

Another way will be to create a script using the xml api in order to query the logs, parse the info and resends it to the radius server.Hope it helps,

Gerardo.

L0 Member

HI
Want to bring this question, from 2015, up again.

I have a MidEye solution for 2-factor authentication of our VPN users.
A feature, I want to use, is called Assisted Login.
https://docs.mideye.com/5.6.6/integrations/requirements/

It requres session monitoring and that The Palo Alto can send RADIUS accounting, start / stop messages.to the MidEye server.
This can be done with Pulse Secure, Checkpoint and Cisco. But I cant fid a way to do it with Palo Alto.
So after 7 years I thought there must be a solution

DGC

Community Team Member

Hi @Pagengruppen ,

As far as I can see this hasn't been implemented since.

Please contact your sales contact and ask him to add your vote to the existing feature request for it (FR ID: 1109 - Support for Radius Accounting).

Best,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!