Sample configurations and logs for PAN-OS and Panorama for VM-Series Base Images

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Sample configurations and logs for PAN-OS and Panorama for VM-Series Base Images

L2 Linker

Dear PA,

In order to enhance my learning effect with PA products, I installed VM workstation 12 Player and downloaded and ran the PA-VM-ESX-7.1.0 Base Images in it. The PAN-OS (Play virtual machine) runs fantastic on windows 7. I enjoyed playing around in the VM, but I missed the sample configuration and logs in order to understand the outcome in depth.

So I do appreciate that PA could provide one simple sample configurations and logs in order to explore the PA features in detail.

Could you please make it happen?

thank you so much for your continous improvement and effort.

Kind regards

Enyuan Wu

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi Enyuan,

I suspect that if you ask your PAN SE they may have some sample configurations. I keep a couple internally for my lab but ultimately everyones environment is going to be different so it would be hard to have sample configurations.

Personally I think the best thing to do is follow the administration guides and watch the video tutorials on specific features you want to configure, if you do it yourself following the documentation then it will be a better learning experience for you. There are very helpful 'Getting Started' KB articles you could follow, just type getting started into the search box.

Keep in mind though that unlicensed VMs will not generate any logs.

Hope this helps,

Ben

I have feeling that virtual Palo does not log traffic to traffic log until you register it.

So it can be dificult to learn unless you have a license.

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

Ben,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

I am having PA SE with me know. and asked him the same questions. I am waiting for his feedback. 

regards

Enyuan

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!