Submit files file from third-party device to Wildfire Cloud

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Submit files file from third-party device to Wildfire Cloud

L2 Linker

Hello Everyone ,

I'm simply curious whether there is a way to upload files from a third-party device to Wildfire Cloud ?

Thank you 

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

Community Team Member

Hi @mohammedsalhis ,

All Palo Alto Networks customers with a support account can use the Palo Alto Networks WildFire portal to manually submit up to five samples a day for WildFire analysis. If you have a WildFire subscription, you can manually submit samples to the portal as part of your 1000 sample uploads daily limit; however, keep in mind that the 1000 sample daily limit also includes WildFire API submissions.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

View solution in original post

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@mohammedsalhis,

I've yet to see a device outside of PAN that supports uploading files to WildFire natively. That being said, I have smaller customers that utilize the WildFire API in conjunction with the products own API to script file validation through WildFire. As @JayGolf mentioned there's a limit to the number of manual submissions that you can do, so this works fine for smaller environments or scripting manual validation, but it doesn't scale to large environments in an automated fashion. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Community Team Member

Hi @mohammedsalhis ,

All Palo Alto Networks customers with a support account can use the Palo Alto Networks WildFire portal to manually submit up to five samples a day for WildFire analysis. If you have a WildFire subscription, you can manually submit samples to the portal as part of your 1000 sample uploads daily limit; however, keep in mind that the 1000 sample daily limit also includes WildFire API submissions.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@mohammedsalhis,

I've yet to see a device outside of PAN that supports uploading files to WildFire natively. That being said, I have smaller customers that utilize the WildFire API in conjunction with the products own API to script file validation through WildFire. As @JayGolf mentioned there's a limit to the number of manual submissions that you can do, so this works fine for smaller environments or scripting manual validation, but it doesn't scale to large environments in an automated fashion. 

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!