Taking longer time to commit on firewall from secondary panorama

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Taking longer time to commit on firewall from secondary panorama

L2 Linker
  • As observed, when primary panorama was active, I have created an Test address object and committed and pushed from panorama. Configuration committed and pushed within 2 to 3 minutes.
  • After making secondary panorama as an active, configuration was committed after longer time period around 12 to 15 minutes.
  • As observed on both primary and secondary panorama, there was not any configuration difference between the two.
  • If anybody is well known about the issue. Please, let me know.
4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@PankajDhobe,

How far apart was the failover and the attempt to actually push configurations out? Did you attempt to do that shortly after the failover? 

Configuration commited successfully when secondary was active.

But while pushing configuration to the device group, it was taking longer time. Stuck at 50% for few device group and for some, commit was showing at 0% for 4 to 5 minutes, after that percentage started increasing.

So total duration to push is in between 10 to 15 minutes

But when primary was active configuration was pushed within less time about 2 to 3 minutes.

If it is known issue, please let me share your suggestion.

@PankajDhobe,

That's certainly not a known issue or expected behavior. It's possible that the system was already running a lot of jobs and simply couldn't queue these as quick as you are used to, but either way if you continue to see this behavior I would log a case with TAC so they can actually review logs. The system should behave exactly the same regardless of which node is active.

L6 Presenter

Just in case check this article  https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000Cm1CCAS and CPU and memory of the secondary panorama before and when you coomit :

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClUbCAK

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!