Did you mean: 
Announcements
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

User-ID - Windows Server 2022 , not working

L0 Member

We are running a Windows server 2022 and PA-3220.  I have the user-agent put on a seperate Win 2022 server.  The firewall when communicating with server is getting dropped code 5986.  Under my Server Monitoring it shows Connection refused(0).  

2 REPLIES 2

Community Team Member

Hi @tnewton ,

There's not a lot to work with but I'm guessing that you are using WinRM over HTTPS as transport protocol but maybe the server is not listening to the port 5986 (by default, WinRM/HTTPS uses port 5986).

I would suggest you to review the article below and confirm with your AD admin if the service was already enabled with the respective port:

Configure Server Monitoring Using WinRM 

Hope this helps,

-Kim.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@tnewton,

Just to add to what @kiwi mentioned already, WinRM is also something that is likely locked down if your server administrators are doing any sort of hardening. When you're working with your server administrators make sure that you mention you're also attempting to do this from your firewall; if you simply ask if WinRM is enabled they might say yes because it is, but they have restrictions that would prevent your firewall from accessing the service. Take special note of the permissions required by the service account as well.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!