What happens if I change mgt IP?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

What happens if I change mgt IP?

Not applicable

Hi folks -

Just starting to deploy over here and I'm going through some mental exercises regarding pre-staging of firewalls.  I have about a dozen PAN's in my possession that I need to configure and then will ship out to branch offices...   I'd like to add these firewalls to Panorama now, so will obviously need to give the firewalls a management IP.  However, once I ship them and they arrive at their final destination, I'll need to change the management IP to match a network available at that local site.  Once I change the mgt IP of the firewall, will Panorama still be able to see it?  Will this cause any other problems?

Thanks much,

- Dave

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Not applicable

Dave,

This shouldn't cause an issue since you don't actually configure an IP address for firewalls within Panorama, just a serial number (to make sure they stay in the correct device groups).  All other configuration related to Panorama is on the firewall itself, so as long as the new address range that the firewall has can route to the IP address that is configured for the Panorama server you shouldn't have an issue.

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

Dave,

This shouldn't cause an issue since you don't actually configure an IP address for firewalls within Panorama, just a serial number (to make sure they stay in the correct device groups).  All other configuration related to Panorama is on the firewall itself, so as long as the new address range that the firewall has can route to the IP address that is configured for the Panorama server you shouldn't have an issue.

Mike

Makes sense, Mike...just wanted to confirm that.  Thanks....

- Dave

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!