DNS - Clients don't update when users return to office

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

DNS - Clients don't update when users return to office

L1 Bithead

Hi,

We have an issue when users return to the office the Windows DNS servers can not update the IP address to the office IP. We think its more of a Windows DNS permission issue but just wanted to check if anyone has seen this issue before. 

- User on VPN get's IP from Palo via GP.

- DNS is updated in windows (owner is machine name).

- User then comes in to office and gets a new IP from Windows DHCP.

- The DHCP service account tries to update record but has no permission. 

- Then we have some nice DNS issues 🙂 

I have a case open but they have not seen this issue before. 

Thanks

Luke

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

The dhcp server settings has an advanced tab, you can set credentials in there to give permissions to update records.

L7 Applicator

What GP version do you use? Because I think there once was a bug in global protect which prevented these DNS updates.

L1 Bithead

Hi,

We are updating GP at the minute so we are running 3 different versions. We think the issue is to do with the below setting and we are going to carry out some testing on one scope this week.

LukeRath_0-1622539959364.png

L2 Linker

Seems like more of a winodws issue, but I'd like to ask, how are most people actually handling ddns updates while clients are on global protect vpn? Non windows dns here. 

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!