Global Protect Transparent Update not working.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Protect Transparent Update not working.

L1 Bithead

Good day,

I was trying to update the Global Protect client via the activation from the PA Firewall [Device -> GlobalProtect Client] our users are currently the version 6.1.0-58 but, we wanted to move on into the version 6.2.2, but, it always fails the Download, in the option "Allow User to Upgrade GlobalProtect App" I set it to "Allow Transparently" but, i actually tried all the options and none of them seems to work, I read about it was related to an DNS issue, but didn't worked for me.

Any suggestions? I don't have any software to do massive deployment.

Thank you!

GPAgente update failed.png

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @R.Tudon ,

The most common cause I have seen for this IS a DNS issue.  IF you have the same DNS domain inside your network and outside, you need to have a DNS A record for the GP public IP address on your inside DNS servers also.  You said that you tried that already, but I wanted to confirm the specifics.

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @R.Tudon ,

The most common cause I have seen for this IS a DNS issue.  IF you have the same DNS domain inside your network and outside, you need to have a DNS A record for the GP public IP address on your inside DNS servers also.  You said that you tried that already, but I wanted to confirm the specifics.

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 47 Subscriptions
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!