How to generate report for Global Protect versions on endpoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to generate report for Global Protect versions on endpoint

L1 Bithead

Hi Palo Alto community,

I am new to Global Protect management portal. I have the access to view the firewall and I would like to see what version of Global Protect are all the end users are using. Is there a way for me to generate the up to date report? 

I would like to confirm that there's no inconsistent version of GP on the devices. 

Thanks for helping! 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@LuckyLau,

This depends on what version of PAN-OS you are running. As long as you have 10.0 or higher installed, you can generate a custom report with the Client Version that will give you all of the versions you have. You can customize that report with other fields like source user or machine name to narrow it down to user/computer for tracking down anyone that isn't running the version you want.

Prior to 10.0 you would need to utilize HIP Objects to get the agent versions and keep track of it that way. You can still do reporting on match name and keep track of who isn't running the latest agent versions, you just have to built it out yourself and this method would demand you have a GlobalProtect subscription. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@LuckyLau,

This depends on what version of PAN-OS you are running. As long as you have 10.0 or higher installed, you can generate a custom report with the Client Version that will give you all of the versions you have. You can customize that report with other fields like source user or machine name to narrow it down to user/computer for tracking down anyone that isn't running the version you want.

Prior to 10.0 you would need to utilize HIP Objects to get the agent versions and keep track of it that way. You can still do reporting on match name and keep track of who isn't running the latest agent versions, you just have to built it out yourself and this method would demand you have a GlobalProtect subscription. 

L1 Bithead

Thanks BPry! This is really helpful. I will give it a try. 😊

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!