SAML authentication - How to avoud the "Open GlobalProtect ..." popup ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SAML authentication - How to avoud the "Open GlobalProtect ..." popup ?

L0 Member

Hi all,

I recently integrated Azure MFA via SAML with GlobalProtect and it works flawless. The only little issue is a popup that always appears whenever the authentication process is about to be completed. I guess this is the browser communicating with the global protect app , necessary to complete the tunnel creation. 

Any idea about how to stop this from happening? I am pretty sure that this is done via an URLAllowList registry entry but I dont know which extension I should approve. So I decided to click on the chek to 'Allow this entry ...' and look for the entry and simply create that entry via script. But unfortunately I cannot find the registry entry. I tried in several location for different browsers without success.An example for Chrome would be

https://admx.help/?Category=Chrome&Policy=Google.Policies.Chrome::URLAllowlist

Thanks

Please note you are posting a public message where community members and experts can provide assistance. Sharing private information such as serial numbers or company information is not recommended.

Please note you are posting a public message where community members and experts can provide assistance. Sharing private information such as serial numbers or company information is not recommended.
2 REPLIES 2

L1 Bithead

Did you ever figure this out?

L2 Linker

we resolved it with a registry entry, only for edge at the moment. if you manage to implement the same for Firefox and Chrome, please let me know to take advantage of it 😉

$RegistryPath = 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge'
$Name = 'AutoLaunchProtocolsFromOrigins'
$type = 'String'
$Value = '[{\"allowed_origins\": [\"https://vpn2.xxx.yyy.zzz/\"],\"protocol\": \"globalprotectcallback\"}]'
New-ItemProperty -Path $RegistryPath -Name $Name -Value $Value -PropertyType $type -Force

• 2 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!