Bulk add existing addresses to an existing group

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Bulk add existing addresses to an existing group

L0 Member

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help out.  I've just finished a merge from an ASA to Palo Alto through Expedition.  The ASA had 3000+ addresses as part of an existing address group.  I've tried multiple times to merge, and push the changes through the API, but it would appear all the addresses don't show up in the group.

I guess what I'm asking, is how can I bulk move already created addresses to an existing group?  I've seen the set command for exporting and importing, but I'm not sure how to specify a group AND I'm not sure how to do it through the CLI in Panorama, since I have to specify the device group for the specific firewall.  Otherwise, I'll be here for several days just adding the addresses individually.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you in advance,

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @clwilson

you can use Panorama CLI to configure existing address objects to be member of a specific address group in a Device Group:

SSH to Panorama and issue:

set cli config-output-format set

set cli scripting-mode on

configure

set device-group <Name of Device Group> address-group <Name of Address Group> static [ <Address object 1> <Address object 2> <Address object 3> ]

set cli scripting-mode off

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!