Seconday Passive ES Health Red master_not_discovered_exception

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Seconday Passive ES Health Red master_not_discovered_exception

L1 Bithead

I have two Panorama servers 11.0.1-h2 in HA. Both are in Panorama mode and have 3x Disks (2TB each). Logs are really slow to view on the Active-Primary and never load on the Secondary. When diagnosing I came across this error on the secondary:

admin@Panorama2(secondary-passive)> show log-collector-es-cluster health

{
  "error" : {
    "root_cause" : [
      {
        "type" : "master_not_discovered_exception",
        "reason" : null
      }
    ],
    "type" : "master_not_discovered_exception",
    "reason" : null
  },
  "status" : 503
}

I tried waiting 24 hours to see if it cleared up, but no luck. 

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @MatthewJenkins 

PAN-OS 11 is quite new and at least based on list of known issues there are a few bugs related to ElasticSearch. As a next step I would try to restart ElasticSearch processes: debug elasticsearch es-restart optional all

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L1 Bithead

Doing that on both panorama servers resulted in both now having the error master_not_discovered_exception.

Reboots are not working either. 

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @MatthewJenkins

I see, sorry to hear that. If even after rebooting you are getting the same error, I would open a TAC ticket. The output from "show log-collector-es-cluster health" should return status of ES instead of this error. This might required TAC's root access to resolve it.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L0 Member

Ha similar fault on 10.2.7-h3 log collectors in cluster/group

The command:

debug elasticsearch es-restart option all

fixed the issue for me. 

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!