False positive report for Entrian Source Search 1.7.12 installer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

False positive report for Entrian Source Search 1.7.12 installer

L0 Member

File Hash: fbad6e95f3a857834b506d4a60b7decb0ece32346fd8fdf6777c1c0b3f14af2a

Link to Virustotal report for the file: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/fbad6e95f3a857834b506d4a60b7decb0ece32346fd8fdf6777c1c0b3f14af2a/d...

Current VirustTotal Verdict: 1/68, generic.ml

Description: Entrian Source Search 1.7.12 installer

The file is coming up clean for every engine on VirusTotal except Palo Alto.

I'm the author of the software.

The file is available here: http://entrian.com/source-search/Entrian-Source-Search-1.7.12-Setup.exe

Thanks!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Tested the sample through our latest signature databases and it's not triggering any signatures.

Please specify what issue you observe with this sample. I found it is Benign in WildFire and not detected in VirusTotal.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

The file is already benign, so this is triggering due to a signature collision.

Tested the sample through our latest signature databases and it's not triggering any signatures.

Please specify what issue you observe with this sample. I found it is Benign in WildFire and not detected in VirusTotal.

Confirmed not triggering with the latest signature databases - thanks!

Sure thing. Happy to help.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!