Export traffic logs in CSV

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Export traffic logs in CSV

L4 Transporter

Hello All,

I have tried to export logs from firewall its reach limit up to 1048576 rows, this is only for 3hr logs can anyone have the option to filter logs or can we exceed this limit.?

6 REPLIES 6

Community Team Member

Hi @Jafar_Hussain ,

Each log has a filter area that allows you to set a criteria for which log entries to display :

Logs_filter_with_entries.png

1048576 is the maximum number of lines.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/9-0/pan-os-admin/monitoring/view-and-manage-logs/filter-log... 

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

@kiwi 

I have checked but, I want to export all the logs without filter it is showing millions of flogs for 3-4 hr is there any way to exceed the limits of CSV rows.

I have already exceed limit up to 1048576.

You should use ftp or scp

I would recommend doing FTP.

Export logs to a SCP or FTP server

Run the following commands to export log files:

• SCP

> scp export log traffic start-time equal 2011/12/21@12:00:00 end-time equal 2011/12/26@12:00:00 to <value> Destination (username:password@host) or (username@host)

• FTP

> ftp export log traffic start-time equal 2011/12/21@12:00:00 end-time equal 2011/12/26@12:00:00 to <value> Destination (username:password@host) or (username@host)

note: 'start-time' and 'end-time' are mandatory values when exporting from the CL

@kiwi 

Thanks for the information, is there any limitation to upgrade logs by this process.

Community Team Member

Hi @Jafar_Hussain ,

Using ftp or scp to export your logs will have the same limitation.

I would consider using an external syslog server.

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

@kiwi 

Ok, thanks for your support.

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!