Need help with creating service ports and firewall rules using python

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Need help with creating service ports and firewall rules using python

L0 Member

Hello Everyone,

Asrar here... Thanks in advance.

I am in the process of creating services ports(bulk) and then add them to the a service port group.

2.Make address objects (Again in bulk).

3.Configuring a rule using the address objects, Service group created earlier.

Wanted to automate this whole task so as to speed this up. Any help in this will be highly appreciated.

I am pretty much novice in python and automating tasks using apis(with post man)

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

Would recommend using the Ansible collection or the Terraform provider 

It seems i will have to download ansible and Then in the playbooks specify i need to use pan-os collection.

But i dont think i can install ansible directly on windows . This can only be installed on linux or centos or any vm. otherwise i will have to install something called cygwin which i do suppose is open source . is there any security related issue with installing that.

Also how i will make the ansible installed on cygwin talk with my firewall api any idea.

Thanks

Yes, I don't think many of the IaC tools like Ansible and Terraform have Windows binaries for execution. If you're desperate to run these tools from your own machine, another option besides Cygwin is WSL (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/about). However, you may wish to consider how using IaC tools will scale, and executing them from a centralised place as opposed to a Windows workstation. Both tools have options, including supported enterprise versions, and can also be executed with pipelines too.

Help the community: "Like" helpful comments, and click "Accept as Solution" if you found your answer 🙂
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!