panxapi -C fails with error on PanOS 4.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

panxapi -C fails with error on PanOS 4.1

L1 Bithead

panxapi -C used to work for me. Now that I've upgraded to 4.1 I get

commit: File does not exist: Illegal value for parameter "action" [commit]. Should be one of : [clone, complete, delete, edit, get, rename, set, show]. at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/PAN/XAPI.pm line 230

Can anyone point me to a solution?

9 REPLIES 9

L4 Transporter

which panxapi build  are you using ? I just did a small test and it looks fine in my environment.

ksomu@ksomu-VirtualBox:~/pan/PAN-perl-20111226/bin$ panxapi -l admin:admin -h 10.2.133.15 -CD
commit: success: Commit job enqueued with jobid 78

admin@PA-5060-1> show jobs id 78

Enqueued                     ID             Type    Status Result Completed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/01/17 15:27:35          78           Commit       FIN     OK 15:28:00

Configuration committed successfully

I am using the latest perl package built on dec 26th of 2011.  panos version is 4.1.1

thanks,
krishna Somu

I'm using 4.1.3 and PAN-perl-20111226.tgz and getting a similar result...

/usr/local/bin/panxapi -h 192.168.x.x -K asdfasdfasdasdfasdasdf -CD

$VAR1 = {
  action => 'commit',
  type => 'config',
  key => 'asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf'
};

API response:
<response status = 'error' code = '400'><result><msg>Illegal value for parameter &quot;action&quot; [commit]. Should be one of : [clone, complete, delete, edit, get, rename, set, show].</msg></result></response>$VAR1 = {
  status => 'error',
  result => {
    msg => 'Illegal value for parameter "action" [commit]. Should be one of : [clone, complete, delete, edit, get, rename, set, show].'
  },
  code => '400'
};
commit: Illegal value for parameter "action" [commit]. Should be one of : [clone, complete, delete, edit, get, rename, set, show]. status="error" code="400"

Can someone help?

on 4.1.3 use: panxapi -C "<commit></commit>"

Thanks for the reply but I get the same error message...

/usr/local/bin/panxapi -h 192.168.x.x -K asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf -CD "<commit></commit>"

}, 'PAN::XAPI' );
$VAR1 = {
  action => 'commit',
  type => 'config',
  key => 'asdfasdasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf'
};
API response:
<response status = 'error' code = '400'><result><msg>Illegal value for parameter &quot;action&quot; [commit]. Should be one of : [clone, complete, delete, edit, get, rename, set, show].</msg></result></response>$VAR1 = {
  status => 'error',
  result => {
    msg => 'Illegal value for parameter "action" [commit]. Should be one of : [clone, complete, delete, edit, get, rename, set, show].'
  },
  code => '400'
};
commit: Illegal value for parameter "action" [commit]. Should be one of : [clone, complete, delete, edit, get, rename, set, show]. status="error" code="400"

try panxapi -C "<commit></commit>" -D

I'm seeing:

API version: 2

$VAR1 = {

cmd => '<commit></commit>',

type => 'commit',  key => 'dsfdsaofofuofdlkfjdlfjds'

};

API response:<response status="success" code="19"><result><msg><line>Commit job enqueued with jobid 20</line></msg><job>20</job></result></response>Content-Type: application/xml

$VAR1 = {  status => 'success',  result => {    msg => {      line => 'Commit job enqueued with jobid 20'    },    job => '20'  },  code => '19'};commit: success: Commit job enqueued with jobid 20

When I tried your version I got:

panxapi -CD "<commit></commit>"

commit: Illegal value for parameter "cmd" . status="error" code="400"

Your error messages sure look like you are still using PAN-perl-20110828 instead of PAN-perl-20111226. Is your perl path correct?

Thanks - you were right.  My test machine was using latest code, my production machine was one behind.  Sorry to take your time, but thanks for the clarification.

Include the -C "<commit></commit>" and it works.

please create .panrc file and have your key/credentilas listed in that file.

for example

ksomu@ksomu-VirtualBox:~/pan/PAN-perl-20111226/bin$ cat ~/.panrc
username=admin
password=admin
api_username=admin
api_password=admin
hostname=10.2.133.15
export TEMPLATE_HOME=/home/ksomu/pan/PAN-perl-20111226/templates/

ksomu@ksomu-VirtualBox:~/pan/PAN-perl-20111226/bin$ panxapi  -C
commit: success: Commit job enqueued with jobid 5

ksomu@ksomu-VirtualBox:~/pan/PAN-perl-20111226/bin$ panxapi -Xrpo 'show jobs id "5"'
op: success

$VAR1 = {
  job => {
    warnings => {
      line => [
        'Interface ethernet1/14.10 has no zone configuration.',
        'Interface ethernet1/14.10 has no virtual-router configuration.'
      ]
    },
    progress => '16:13:45',
    status => 'FIN',
    details => {
      line => 'Configuration committed successfully'
    },
    stoppable => 'no',
    tenq => '2012/03/07 16:13:27',
    tfin => '16:13:45',
    id => '5',
    type => 'Commit',
    result => 'OK'
  }
};

• 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!