How can I surely say that incident is changed from Pending state to Active state during outgoing mirroring?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How can I surely say that incident is changed from Pending state to Active state during outgoing mirroring?

L1 Bithead

When we change the incident from Active state to Close state, we get "closeReason", "closingUserId", and "closeNotes" in the delta of "UpdateRemoteSystemArgs". But when the incident is changed from Pending state to Active state, we do not get anything in delta, and due to which I am not able to determine whether something else has changed or the Incident state has been changed from Pending to Active.

Because, updating the remote system by checking if the incident status equals to IncidentStatus.ACTIVE, will result in marking it again and again every time something will change in this incident after it was changed to Active, which is not the wanted behaviour.

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

You may be able to create a field change script on the status field that generates a change that will then be mirrored in Jira. That way, when the status goes from Pending to Active, there is a record of it in Jira.

Another option could be to add a task to the beginning of the playbook for that incident type that makes the update or prints a comment to the war room that the mirroring integration would pick up as well. The playbook will only start once the incident moves from Pending to Active as long as you leave the Run playbook automatically box unchecked for that incident type.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!