XSOAR HTML images

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

XSOAR HTML images

L1 Bithead

Hello,

I would like to create an HTML template inside XSOAR (using a list) and adding a html image to it. I would like to know, if there is any local resource in where i can save the image and then import it in XSOAR, or it has to be done in a public url.

For the other side, I would also like to know if it is possible to render an HTML inside a layout.

Kind regards,

Sergio

7 REPLIES 7

L3 Networker
1. If you have saved an html as an html file, you can simply upload it to the Lists page. 2. You can use DisplayHTML or even a field of type HTML in your layout to display this html.

OH thanks, didn't know that, for the other side, if i want to include an Image in the HTML can I stored in some XSOAR internal folder and then call with a relative path, or shall I upload it to a public web and load the image based on this public url?

Currently, the only capability would be to pull the image from a public url. I would definitely submit a feature request for saving images locally on the XSOAR server as well. You can do so at https://xsoar.ideas.aha.io/ideas

L2 Linker

sgonzalez.

You can also add images to HTML via their base64.  I have worked with a customer that uses this and it works well though he HTML can get pretty long.  Here is a resource for the HTML base64 image rendering: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8499633/how-to-display-base64-images-in-html

Oh that is great, i didn't not though about that. I will try and see if can make it work!

I have made it, but the layout seems to not being rendering it:

Screenshot 2022-02-08 at 10.29.31.png

HI in my case I did the following and managed to display the image:

1.  in Playground load the image to XSOAR as File.
    (this will, among other things, give you the entry_id needed for step 2)
    earriagada_1-1712769292582.png

2. Execute the command:      !FileToBase64List
    Here is an Example:

!FileToBase64List entryId=${EntryIdOfFileInContextData} listName="NameOfTheOutputListInXSOAR"

This command encodes in base 64 a file from the entry id, plus optionally generates a list inside XSOAR with the name of your choice.
    The list that this command generates inside XSOAR is important, since it will be the one that you will call inside your HTML template.

3. Finally in your html template (another XSOAR list but of HTML type), you will "invoke" the list generated above

Here is an example:
    earriagada_0-1712769258509.png

Works quite well, the only drawback is that when you "Reply" to the mail, the image (in the reply) is not displayed correctly.
If anyone knows why, I would appreciate it if you could let me know 😊

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!