cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

XSOAR Playbook SQL Query

L0 Member

hello everyone !

I'm new to XSOAR, I hope you'll be patient with me. I have created a small job in which I execute a SELECT type SQL query, the result is a series of records. Here I have some doubts:
- How can I map the result of each record in each field of type "Output"? My goal is to add a new task which executes some conditionals based on the records obtained with the previous query.

In addition to this, I tell you that I have two instances of SQL SERVER (Connections with 2 databases), after executing the SQL SELECT query I cannot identify which database the query is being executed in. Where do I configure so that the SQL query is executed on instance1 or instance2?

My goal is for the final result of the SQL query to be sent to certain emails as a report. I plan to execute this playbook within a job.

Thank you

Greetings

5 REPLIES 5

L1 Bithead

Hi !

What do you mean by Output" in "in each field of type "Output""? An entry in the War Room or the Output settings of an automation ?

Regards

M.A. Engineer XSOAR

L1 Bithead

hi,

I mean how can I do something similar as I show in the image, basically what I need is to be able to make a conditional to search for a record of the SQL query executed in the query

thanks

L1 Bithead

To custom the mapping of an automation result you can use the argument "extend-context".
In a playbook task you can find this argument under the "Advanced" tab.
For exemple if you using this automation (https://xsoar.pan.dev/docs/reference/integrations/generic-sql#2-sql-command), you can save the Result key under a new context key with : -extend-context:"NewContextKey=Result"

# Documentation for extend-context
https://xsoar.pan.dev/docs/playbooks/playbooks-extend-context

If you want to make a more advanced mapping, i advise you to make your own script wrapping your SQL command, format the result, and push it to the context with CommandResults()

# Documentation for CommandResults
https://xsoar.pan.dev/docs/integrations/context-and-outputs

For the selection of the instance, you can use the argument "using", also present under the "Advanced" tab in the playbook task panel, where you can precise a name instance. It will also prevent the multi-instance execution

PS : I can't see the image you have mentionned.

M.A. Engineer XSOAR

Thank you for your response, unfortunately it is not clear to me how to specify in my case the field I need in Extend-context. Might you help me? If I need to obtain the "record_number" column, what should I place?

To have the list of the record_number youcan use -extend-context="SQLResult=GenericSQL.GenericSQL.Result.record_number"

After that if you give this list as argument in a an automation, the automation is going to process the list elements (the record_numbers) one by one, same for a conditionnal task.

According to what you want to do with, you maybe need a subplaybook to iterate on each record_number. But keep in mind you can use a filter on the argument instead of a condtionnal task

M.A. Engineer XSOAR
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!