Restoring projects from cli?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Restoring projects from cli?

L1 Bithead

So my expedition GUI died and I couldnt get it back. I copied the projects directory out and into the same directory on the new one. But the GUI isnt seeing the projects that were imported via cli.

Is there hope?

5 REPLIES 5

L5 Sessionator

You are on the right direction.

Besides the projects being copied in the correct path /home/userSpace, you would also have to do a backup of the databases and restore them in your new Expedition.

You can use mysqldump CLI command to create a file that contains all the databases that you have in your expedition.

Even we use MariaDB, this information would work for your case:

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/mysqldump-sql-format.html

Makes sense. Is there a particular argument for a password?

root@Expedition:~# mysqldump --all-databases > dump.sql
mysqldump: Got error: 1045: "Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)" when trying to connect

You would have to provide the valid password for the sql connection.

The default password is "paloalto"

yeah it doesn't work. Running it as root even....its some other password internal down in the weeds password. I tried every default.

Neither here nor there, I gave up and rebuilt the projects from scratch. Wasn't all that far into them.

I am confident that, unless you changed the password, "paloalto" should work:

mysqldump -uroot -ppaloalto --all-databases > dump.sql

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!