Upgraded to Expedition 1.1.52.1, Lost the Best Practices functionality; can this be reinstalled?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Upgraded to Expedition 1.1.52.1, Lost the Best Practices functionality; can this be reinstalled?

L1 Bithead

The upgrade ran OK, but I think it required Python 3.7 to get the Best Practices upgraded and since it could not find the package, I belive it uninstalled that code.  Is there a way to install the Best Practices code to match my Expedition version 1.1.52.1 ?

Thanks in advance,

Ashley Taylor

4 REPLIES 4

L0 Member

My issue is the same.

There seems to be two problems.

Python, the "apt_get" module  is missing (I did find a kind of workaround linking the existing apt_get.* to simply apt_get.so)

But the other problem is a coding issue (seen in /tmp/error)

Notice: Undefined index: template_extra in /var/www/html/bin/configurations/output/output_function.php on line 148
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/www/html/libs/ansible/xml-to-ansible.py", line 523, in <module>
main()
File "/var/www/html/libs/ansible/xml-to-ansible.py", line 131, in main
for grps in d["entry"]["address-group"]["address"]["entry"]:
KeyError: 'address'

HELP

All,

Ensure you do perform this step, I did miss it and it fixed my BPA 

bash /var/www/html/OS/BPA/updateBPA306.sh

This step is part of the problem.  It specifically calls out python 3.7 which is not a part of the ubuntu 16.04 release.  The latest version in that release is 3.5

The script will check the version of Python installed, and takes a different action whether it is under 3.7 or not.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!