CLI part 2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

CLI part 2

L4 Transporter

I have recieve some good information concerning CLI. But ever time I get online with a PA engineer they do a lot more than what is listed in the documentation I have recieved. So I am looking to see if there is a more comprehensive guid on troubleshooting via CLI, GUI and general trouble shooting tips

6 REPLIES 6

L7 Applicator

Thanks I had both of those, and will look them over again but it seems like when I see you or anyother engineer use them its a lot easier and more usefull than when I do it.

I looked these over some more and this is the documents I need now I need guidance on the best way to use them

If you have 6.0 installed software you can use a new find CLI command to find any command with the key word.

Here is an example

• §admin@PA-500> find command keyword   CLI keyword
    <Enter>   Finish input

admin@PA-500> find command keyword fpga
  • debug device-server set configbasic|tdb|fpga|all>
  • debug device-server unset configbasic|tdb|fpga|all>

• §Find configurations in configure mode
    admin@PA-500# find command keyword "asymmetric“
    set deviceconfigtcpdrop|bypass>
    set
    network profiles zone-protection-profile <name> asymmetric-path <global|drop|bypass>

This will reduce the use of the CLI guide and also help in finding relative commands quickly. Hope this helps you with the usability question.

Thanks

Numan

I am only at verision 5.0.6 right now so I assume the commands you listed won't work for me at this time

That is correct it is a feature of 6.0 release.

Thanks

Numan

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!