Enable Device Telemetry with error message : Send File to CDL Receiver Failed

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Enable Device Telemetry with error message : Send File to CDL Receiver Failed

L3 Networker

Hello,

I have PA VM100 with PAN OS 10.2.2. Enabling Telemetry  and setting up the Telemetry Region as Americas. The status for Device, Product and Threat is always "Failed" with message "Send file to CDL Receiver Failed"1.png2.png

Any advise, suggestion or how to troubleshoot this much appreciated

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

L0 Member

I am running 10 PA-220's, 2 of which will not connect to AIOps. When I go to the telemetry status, I get reason: "Send File to CDL Receiver Failed". I have reimported the device certificate on both and rebooted them multiple times with no luck.

Screenshot 2023-01-05 101027.png

Roger Epperly

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @RogerEpperly ,

I was able to fix this error by going to Device > Licenses > Retrieve license keys from license server.  A few minutes after the CDL license was retrieved, the status of the 3 boxes under Telemetry changed to Success.

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Hi Tom,

for your issue, are you subscribe/purchase the CDL license , or using the free CDL?

thank you 

L3 Networker

if using service route 

add these destinations to the service route

1. api.paloaltonetworks.com

2. apitrusted.paloaltonetworks.com

3. lic.lc.prod.us.cs.paloaltonetworks.com

4. br-prd1.us.cdl.paloaltonetworks.com

5. 34.90.244.133

6. 35.184.125.116

7. storage.googleapis.com

1. Onboard Devices to AIOps for NGFW

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/aiops/aiops-for-ngfw/get-started-with-aiops/onboard-devices

2. Activate AIOps for NGFW (Free)

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/aiops/aiops-for-ngfw/get-started-with-aiops/activate

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @Fariq_Zaidi ,

Mine was the paid CDL.

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!