Exporting translations for an IPAM system

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Exporting translations for an IPAM system

Not applicable

I've been working on automated scripts to export my firewall configurations, gather the NAT translations and reformat the exported data into the XML format used by my IPAM system.

I've managed to automate this on our Check Points by parsing the objects.C file directly from our firewall managers - however, chopping through the PA config isn't quite as trivial - until I took the advance admin class and learned about the nice little command "show running nat-policy"

My ultimate method for making this work would be use SSH with the remote command to hopefully run this command and output the XML ready for transformation.

Can anyone recommend a strategy for remotely executing the command "show running nat-policy" so that I can process it?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hello,

You might consider using the REST API: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-1031

With this API you can pull the configuration file in XML output, similar to the "show running nat-policy" command.  Then you can parse it and pull out only the parts you would like.  This might be easier than creating a script to login and run the command.

Cheers,

Kelly

This is definitely a big help - now how do I get more information on building my xpath variable?

xpath=devices/entry/vsys/entry/rulebase/security

As I'm wanting the running NAt policy from vsys FEDMZ, I figure this gets me close:

xpath=devices/entry/FEDMZ/entry/running/nat-policy

or something like this... help!

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!