PA-VM testing / homelab

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-VM testing / homelab

L1 Bithead

Hi Folks,

I have quick question.

If I want to do some home lab for learning purposes for example with eve-ng , how I can get PA-VM image

I applyd for 30days trial, however for unknown reason I was rejected

After our evaluation of your application, we are unable to supply a trial product download due to Trade or Legal restrictions.

1. I'm from Bulgaria (EU) , what is the problem with trade/legal ?

2. Not sure how they evaluate me , I'm not a criminal actually I just want to check it what can doing and functionalities.

3. Look like there is a demo request .. I do not need it .. I can use google for that

3. In this case how I can test PA ?

4. Why PA don't offer free download with limited license for labs/testing .. how they expect someone to have real experiences with PA ?

For example other vendors like MikroTik offer CHR with limit of 1MB/s without license (this is more than enough for testing/labs)

Why PA don't do something similar ?

5. I know this is not something new (to ask specifically for test vm for example) however what is the point ..

For example actually I want to evaluate it for my company, however I do not want to be bother by traders , I want 1st to take a look by my self , test it etc. I think I have enough expirienc to check somethign base on documentation and testings

6. I know If they provide limited demo vm will not be the best case for PA since usesr expect to see pgks inspect functionality, however there is other impoartant functinalities like .. ipsec, bgp .. etc ...

Probably I'm not the first with such question but ...

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4

L1 Bithead

.. sorry I have some typos not sure how to edit here ..

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@dakobg,

I don't think anyone here can answer any questions regarding why your request was denied. 

You can find unofficial PAN VM images online that you could install and use in an unlicensed state if you just want to get a feel for the device in question. If you're actually trying to setup a lab license, I'd highly recommend reaching out to a PAN partner in Bulgaria so they can go through official channels to get you a trial license. 

Thank you!

Yes I "guess" can be find in inet .. also I "guess" usually are older version for example I "guess" which are not supporting important feuaters for me like GRE tunnels but is available in new releases .. I just guessing here 😉 

Probably will try with local vendor .. still I believe is a good option a free official download with limited license .. let say bandwidth limit , glob.pro. user limit etc ..  

Also other companies do the same with specific request for trial licenses nothing wrong with it .. just the effort to obtain such is painful 

Anyway,

Best regards to all !

L1 Bithead

BTW, I found 

https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/prodview-ccntnbzdod74k?ref_=esp&feature_=FeaturedProducts

Any idea if can be used for testing without license ?

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!