Pan documentation is very weak on large scale mutli-vendor IPSEC hub terminations. Can someone help out and provide best practices, reference architecture, guides, pitfalls or experiences?
My design goals:
- Separate VSYS
- Use dynamic routing for Tunnel Interfaces. (Either OSPF with stub areas to inject default to remote tunnels or RIP)
- Tunnel Interface network routing summarization for optimal system performance with maximum spokes per tunnel.
- Separate virtual router for un-trust interface VPN termination with separate virtual router for tunnel and trust interface.
- IF OSPF maximum spokes per OSPF Area.
- Dynamic routing protocol for VPN VSYS is an autonomous system, BGP summaries are used for trusted network routing.
My environment today is multi-tenant 7050 design utilizing BGP \ OSPF for segregated departmental internet with 50,000 users in multi-vrf interconnectivity. This VPN service is another layered virtual system that will be collapsed as part of our firewall consolidation project.
Here are some docs that can help out, hopefully:
These are my go to docs and help out a lot.
Hope they help.
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!
The Live Community thanks you for your participation!