Retrieving Content 'GPclient' info failed with error 'No updates availablegpcontent'

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Retrieving Content 'GPclient' info failed with error 'No updates availablegpcontent'

L4 Transporter

I received SYSTEM ALERT : high : Retrieving Content 'GPclient' info failed with error 'No updates ..

The detailed description is Retrieving Content 'GPclient' info failed with error 'No updates availablegpcontent'

Anyone know how what changes need to be made to avoid this error?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Community Team Member

Hi @fhewiufhwefhwe 

That alert means there is No new GPclient updates available for the download. However, when the firewall retrieves the updates and if it does not find any update it throws the error but if the update is available it will be downloaded.

This behavior is completely expected so you can rest assured this will not impact the network in anyways.

You can disable the Dynamic Update for GlobalProtect Clientless VPN under
Device > Dynamic updates > GlobalProtect Clientless VPN > schedule -- None.

Hope it helps !

-Kiwi

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Community Team Member

Hi @fhewiufhwefhwe 

That alert means there is No new GPclient updates available for the download. However, when the firewall retrieves the updates and if it does not find any update it throws the error but if the update is available it will be downloaded.

This behavior is completely expected so you can rest assured this will not impact the network in anyways.

You can disable the Dynamic Update for GlobalProtect Clientless VPN under
Device > Dynamic updates > GlobalProtect Clientless VPN > schedule -- None.

Hope it helps !

-Kiwi

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Thanks, I will explicitly filter that out from the high priority alerts that get email forwarded to me.  Not sure why it isn't an informational alert.

L0 Member

I'm experiencing the same annoyance. How are you filtering those from the logs? Disabling the auto-update is not a good solution. 

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. For anyone else who has the same problem, the filter I used in Device > Log Settings > System is:
((severity eq critical) or (severity eq high)) and not (description contains 'No updates available')

Logged in just to thank you for sharing the information.  Too many times the answer is "never mind figured it out".  You saved me a lot of time and was the right answer for my situation.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!