Routing issues when using NAT over VPN

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Routing issues when using NAT over VPN

L1 Bithead

I'm looking at this document. https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClipCAC
It says our selected NAT addresses (2.2.2.0/24 on PA-2020 in this case) need to be routed to a tunnel interface, in order for policy lookup to work. 

Let's imagine I'm using 2.2.2.0/24 on the PA-2020 for NAT'ing traffic not only towards PA-5050, but also towards 2 other parties (connected via tunnel.2 and tunnel.3). 

Ideally I would prefer to put tunnel.1, tunnel.2 and tunnel.3 in three different zones, but I don't see this as an option, when reading this document. 

Is my only option to put all tunnel interfaces (tunnel.1, tunnel.2 and tunnel.3) for parties, that I present 2.2.2.0/24 towards, in the same zone? And then simply route 2.2.2.0/24 to tunnel.1.

Or is there a way for me to use different zones for each VPN?

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@mathiasj,

Are you trying to use the same NAT range across all three tunnel interfaces? 

L1 Bithead

@BPry 

Yes, that's right.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!