scp export error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

scp export error

L3 Networker

Hi,

My problem is:

when i'm using cli command "scp export configuration to user1@x.x.x.x:/home from running-config.xml" - all works perfect or "scp export log-file data-plane to user1@x.x.x.x:/home" - perfect.

And if i try "scp export logdb to user1@x.x.x.x:/home" - i get error message "'cat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." Same error message with "scp export log data to user1@x.x.x.x:/home start-time equal 2014/03/01@01:00:00 end-time equal 2014/03/20@01:00:00".

Do any have the same problem or any solution? Thanks.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hello Interface,

Are you using a windows server for SCP log export..?

Since we can have many lines of logs to export, the system cannot afford to redirect the output to a temp file and then scp it out (both in terms of disk space requirement and speed), Instead, the query log is streamed to ssh via a pipe, and then to the remote system's unix "cat" command

Something like this

pan_logquery | ssh user@remote "cat > /path/to/remote/filesystem"

So, Cannot redirect to a Windows server and need a Linux server or need to install Cigwin on Windows.

There is a BUG opened for this issue ( BUG-59472).

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

Hello Interface,

Are you using a windows server for SCP log export..?

Since we can have many lines of logs to export, the system cannot afford to redirect the output to a temp file and then scp it out (both in terms of disk space requirement and speed), Instead, the query log is streamed to ssh via a pipe, and then to the remote system's unix "cat" command

Something like this

pan_logquery | ssh user@remote "cat > /path/to/remote/filesystem"

So, Cannot redirect to a Windows server and need a Linux server or need to install Cigwin on Windows.

There is a BUG opened for this issue ( BUG-59472).

Thanks

L3 Networker

Hello Interface,

If you are using windows server for SCP export the SCP export functionality to windows based severs is not supported. Currently we only support Linux based SCP server for export.

Thanks,

Jahnavi.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!