TCP Reset being dropped at firewall

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

TCP Reset being dropped at firewall

L2 Linker

I have a client accessing a Citrix CAG via a firewall at one site on HTTP that I see traversing the FW, exist out towards the internal PA firewall reaches its destination.  The destination server is sending a TCP RST, we are told to redirect the browser to HTTPS, that TCP reset is sent all the way back to the firewall nearest the client, receive on the interface but the firewall drops it so the client never receives the TCP RST.

In detail....

Client (Internet IP) --- http ---> FW IP  [ FW1 VR 1 ] NAT Src 10.1.1.1 Dst NAT 10.2.2.1 --- route to VR 2 ---> [FW 1 VR 2 ] --> Over WAN -->  [FW2 VR 1 ] ---> Server

HTTP SYN sent and received at Server

Server sends TCP RST

TCP RST reaches FW1 on Rx capture

FW Drop capture logs all TCP RST to client

Can anyone advise why the PA drops TCP RST in such a scenario?

Thanks & Regards

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @GrantCampbell4 ,

Taking packet capture on palo alto will give you more clarity about the flow and what's happening..

M

L3 Networker

Please see my article for globalcounters, flow basic and pcap captures for such issues:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/knowledge-sharing-palo-alto-checking-for-drops-r...

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!