Updates palo alto network website and ssl decryption

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Updates palo alto network website and ssl decryption

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

I am going to implement ssl decryption for some subnets

where we have management subnet of Palo Alto networks.

Need to know if PA website updates.paloaltonetworks.com works when SSL decryption is enabled?

Do I need to check - verify server identity for ssl decryption to take effect?

Regards

Mike

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
4 REPLIES 4

L3 Networker

You will need to uncheck the verify box, or set that source and url as no decrypt in a rule before your general decrypt rule. 

Bruce.

Learn at least one new thing every day.

it is good to use exempt for url 

updates.paloaltonetworks.com is this the right way?

MP

You should be good with just the updates.paloaltonetworks.com as the destination url, if you are just getting app and software updates. If you have other things like URL filtering also running on TV he firewall, you will have other URLs that you will need to bypass the SSL intercept.

Bruce.

Learn at least one new thing every day.

Seems on PA server verification is checked.

I did exempt for url updates.paloaltonetworks.com and ssl decryption is enabled.

I am not getting any app updates?

is this by design?

MP

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!